We need some more details to complete your registration




Sign in with one easy click

Ray Axtell' Profile

18368_281986365637_1152515_n
Soc_legendary_poet_unlocked

Legendary Poet

The Master Badge represents the total amount of points that you have earned from participating in the poetry.com community

069716
▲ 75 points in the past 7 days

About Me and My Poetry

I'm 46 year's old Just trying to get my stuff published. I live in Jamestown ,Pa. Unlisted number! Write to me at P.o.Box 11 Jamestown Pa.16134 I came from a small family in NW. Pa. Mostly laborer's ,me and my older sister Darlene where the first two of my mother.s children to get a high school education ! I am a self described Poet , Madman, fool and much more. Poetry good poetry at least comes from living life, whether it is good or bad . It is what it is Unthinking ,knowing ,loved and hated ! Most of my stuff is simple ,in phrase and verse .It is our job as Poets to push the boundaries of human emotion . So that the world can see through our eye's ,a world of love ,and hope . Of hardship ,and pain ! Even sometimes a world that can drive you insane ! Most of my writings come from my life , Shocking though it may be .It is the truth ,at least 70% of it. The other 30% comes from dreams and my twisted sense of humor . Like it or hate it , most of my stuff is hard to understand . Unless you know who i am and where i come from . Both literally ,and figuratively . If you can make just one person cry , you have made them see through your eye's ! You start to realize at a point that people are so blown away with your work that they don't know how to respond , let alone how to review your work. That's when you know , you've accomplished everything you set out to do. Your words are justified ,no more, no less . Thank you . I hope you all, can enjoy my life's work . Ray E. Axtell 2nd

  • Ray's Achievements
  • Ray's Poems
Soc_legendary_poet_unlocked
Legendary Poet
Critic_5_unlocked
Critic
Promoter_5_unlocked
Poetry Promoter
Fan_5_unlocked
Fan Favorite
Published_4_unlocked
Published Poet
Friend_3_unlocked
Poet's Friend
My_poems_2_unlocked
About My Poem
Editor_1_unlocked
Editor
Assets

18368_281986365637_1152515_n
I was about the age of 5,my sister was 7 year's old.
I can remember being in the back seat of our station wagon on a rely long ride.
We watched the trees ,and the farms roll past.
... continued
Read, Rate and see Reviews
18368_281986365637_1152515_n
There once was a troll who did not live under a brigd .for he was so small .  that he was just a smidg .
Yes the littlest troll that you ever have seen,he was so small all he did was scream .                                                                                                        
He lived in a hole ,instead of under a bridg ,all he ever ate was the tinniest smidg.
... continued
Read, Rate and see Reviews
18368_281986365637_1152515_n
I have heard some horrible thing's in the news ,for the past five years.
Things that would drive most men to tear's !
Things that make me sick inside,this is why from our world i continue to hide !
... continued
Read, Rate and see Reviews
18368_281986365637_1152515_n
I have lived my life like i was standing on a giant razor blade.
That has been hung over an endless abyss.
If i fall one way my borderline personality disorder cuts me in two .
... continued
Read, Rate and see Reviews
18368_281986365637_1152515_n
I hit the road at the age of 17.
To look for a place that was in my dreams.
With a cast on my leg ,and a huge back pack.
... continued
Read, Rate and see Reviews
18368_281986365637_1152515_n
I wake each day with an emptiness in my heart ,Waiting for a song that will fill my soul.
For someone who can see inside my heart.
Yet she never comes, I know she is there somewhere , Someone who can sing , Someone who knows most everything.
... continued
Read, Rate and see Reviews
18368_281986365637_1152515_n
Berrie the living ,and raise the dead.
For the living wish to be dead , and the dead want to be alive!
There is no appreciation for what we have , when we have it .
... continued
Read, Rate and see Reviews
18368_281986365637_1152515_n
Destroyed from the inside out from the lie's of one man.
Even when told to keep them to himself, he would not stop his roving hand's !
To betray the love,and trust of a hurting child.
... continued
Read, Rate and see Reviews
18368_281986365637_1152515_n
I walked into the darkness ,just to see what i could see .
That's when the darkness became a part of me .
I left some of me, in that cold and lonely place .
... continued
Read, Rate and see Reviews
18368_281986365637_1152515_n
Today i found myself babysiting a very special child.
Mind you this was in my dreams.
It was Halloween night,and who is in my care,but the son of the Satan !
... continued
Read, Rate and see Reviews
Upload A Poem
Recent Activities
Most Active Members This Week
Poetry Pin Winners - 25,000 Points
Poetry Pin Winners - 100,000 Points
Congratulations!